One cannot help but bear-witness to pandemic storm-clouds-of-contagion, earthquake, volcano, fire, flood and landslide Ubiquitously sweeping, shaking, erupting, raging, surging, far-and-wide While many of the world’s leaders profess ‘geo-thermal-fracking-as-usual’ with heads buried-deep in dunes-of-denial And so, in the face of multiple-global-crises, one is forced to shop elsewhere for spiritual gnoses and emotional renewal Further afield than the aisles of neon-lit supermarket-dreams and dot-com same-day-deliveries Further afield than high-brow department-store life-style fantasies Laid out like scenes from the silver-screen in elaborate window-displays and glossy magazines Further than the online prime-time trailer, box-set, binge-watch seduction Plethora’s-of-perfectly-packaged-illusions to provide temporary-alleviation From the overwhelming threat of global-annihilation From sexist-racist, elitist-ageist denigration Or from rust-riddled-regrets on constant-rotation Mourning the ghosts of narrowly-missed, sugar-coated ships-of-desire that set-sail long-ago Or impossible-to-forget childhood-traumas, bereavements, divorces, augmenting serial-self-love-deficit-disorders Inescapable neuroses, seared into one’s psyche, branded like slaves-to-key-frame-memories Leaving a trail-of-distorted, aborted-destinies behind in their wake Yet another empty-void, full-of-emotional gaping-holes to fill as the planet is systematically plundered and destroyed By the addictive machine-of-consumerism, where ecological-sustainability and wellbeing is wilfully-sacrificed With nothing left, except the bitter-aftertaste of a forfeit-future... This is how we welcome 130-million new-born ‘kidults’ into the world every-year, weaned upon html and social-media Whose childhood-innocence and genetic-lineages were surgically-removed at birth Stolen by neo-narcissists ‘neath smog-filled skies, where bright-futures turned grey Dumbed-down by smart-technology and antidepressants And yet, in-spite-of-all-this, some intrinsic built-in desire to seek-out and search for truth-and-authenticity, persists Sends out its call like a beacon, calling upon every human-soul to awaken, to activate one’s innate inner-knowing, like a homing-device Beckons to journey far-beyond the comfort and safety of objects, or co-dependent relationships To look past the emotional barbed-wire snags-and-grazes of parental/ professional/ romantic/ societal lies and betrayal Or the nettle’s-sting of missed-opportunity In lieu of moving-forwards, towards new desires-satisfied, and revised goals-fulfilled, collectively For nothing stays-the-same and ‘change’ is always the one, true, ever-quickening-constant Henceforth, it is in the ‘unspoken-moments’ where humanity happens Where one quietly pieces-together water-colour-poems, sifted and fathomed from kaleidoscope-memories Dreaming in silent smoky-swirls and mirror-gleam sunbeams Peeling off rose-candy-coloured gels from the lids of one’s eyes Like fleshy onion-skin layers of reflective-introspection As one wakes from the lucid-dream-state with the revelatory-understanding That in a vibrational-universe-of-Energy, every thought and feeling is eternal and therefore accountable As non-physical energy can never die, nor expire, it can only change form Transformed by an awareness of one’s perennial-vibrational-offering Atonement through candour and a willingness to upgrade one’s most-frequent-point-of-focus As an integral requisite of self-care, a daily-practice By virtue of LOVE, whether for self, others, or Source Is still the purest-form-of-energy in the Multiverse.
- *According to the United Nations, more than 130 million babies are born worldwide a year with 360,000 each day and 250 babies born every minute.
- Number of Births
- Links: 2018 Guardian Article – how many people can the Earth sustain?
- * Neo-narcissist: The neo-definition of narcissism, according to: Dr. Joana Casaca Lemos is the inability to apply in practice the grander purpose of giving Love beyond the Return On Investment for the Self.
- Interestingly, the date this piece started to flow through — February 2, 2020, or 02/02/2020 — is what’s known as a palindrome day, meaning it reads the same forwards as it does backward.
- The eight-digit date is especially rare because it works in the UK where dates are written as day-month-year, and in America, where dates are written as month-day-year. And also for nations like China, where the year comes first, 2020/02/02 also works.
- The second of February also happens to be the 33rd day of the year with 333 days remaining. This is the only time the special sequence will occur this century, reports the Washington Post.
- The last time such a palindrome occurred was 909 years ago on 11/11/1111. It won’t happen again for another 101 years, when the calendar turns to 12/12/2121. The next global palindrome will be 12/02/2021, which will be that last for another 1,009 years.
- Completed on 29th January – a leap year day. This particular piece took four weeks to to perfect which is more than most.
- Kaleidoscope Memories is Published in the Pluralist:
- Kaleidoscope Memories is also Published in NO ISSUE Limited Edition of 190 Copies by Carlotta Bianchi and Audrey Etro
- Kaleidoscope Memories is also published in the best of iPoem’s blog (1988-2021) by Cat Catalyst. COMING SOON to an online book seller near you =)
iPoem Ltd © 2021